WinAPI and druntime [was: WinAPI for druntime and OpenGL for deimos]

Gor Gyolchanyan gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 23:13:01 PST 2012

So I've come to the point where I have the WinAPI modules from
dsource.organd want to add them to druntime.

Here are the issues, that need to be discussed before I can send a pull
request:

1. There is a number of version flags that are expected to be specified to
the compiler, which specifies the Windows version, Internet Explorer
version, winsock version and a bunch of other stuff. I suppose these will
go into the sc.ini under Windows, because those won't change too often and
are equivalent to linking with phobos (not necessary, but provided as a
default).

2. There are some static libraries, which are pragma(lib, ...) -ed inside
those modules, so those libraries will have to be included to the DMD
distribution.

3. They include MinGW copyright and header comments, which I don't know if
can be submitted to druntime as is and if they can be removed either.

4. They contain a special WindowsUnitTests version, which could probably be
replaced with a regular unittests or removed from the DMD distribution.

5. The package to put them is to be decided, because core.sys.windows
contains druntime-specific modules whic hare not to be mixed with WinAPI
modules.

Please leave your comments regarding this.
Maintainers of druntime: is this ok?

--
Bye,
Gor Gyolchanyan.