Help!

Eldar Insafutdinov e.insafutdinov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:17:29 PST 2012

On Monday, 26 November 2012 at 18:52:25 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:

> I agree, and if I remember previous discussions on the subject
> correctly, it seems like only Walter is in favor of upholding
> the current restrictions of "alias" parameters to symbols.
>
> David

The problem lies within how the compiler is engineered. Basic
built-in types should be a part of symbol table and inserted into
it at the compiler startup. That means that any mentioning of
built-in types in the parser should be removed and any
differences between user defined symbols and basic types should
be as small as possible. That will remove many special cases from
the compiler as well as automatically resolve the alias problem.
As far as I understand this is how basic types are implemented in
the Haskell compiler.

Cheers

Eldar