Help!

Eldar Insafutdinov e.insafutdinov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:40:17 PST 2012

On Monday, 26 November 2012 at 19:17:30 UTC, Eldar Insafutdinov
wrote:

> The problem lies within how the compiler is engineered. Basic
> built-in types should be a part of symbol table and inserted
> into it at the compiler startup. That means that any mentioning
> of built-in types in the parser should be removed and any
> differences between user defined symbols and basic types should
> be as small as possible. That will remove many special cases
> from the compiler as well as automatically resolve the alias
> problem. As far as I understand this is how basic types are
> implemented in the Haskell compiler.
>
> Cheers
>
> Eldar

Although I realize now that this will not make alias accept
derived types like arrays, pointers etc. But regardless,
distinction between built-in and user defined types should be
very little, even in the compiler internals. In the end this is
the whole point of OOP which allows for the user to make the
types which are just as good as internal ones.