The future of UDAs.

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Nov 27 03:34:58 PST 2012

On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 15:28:10 Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
> Basically the most important thing I miss is mutable compile-time
> variables. That's it. Everything else can be worked around.

Having them would break the compilation model, so we're never going to get
them. D quite specifically avoids them because it solves all kinds of problems
to not have them (e.g. issues with the order of initialization of variables).
If a mutable variable, than use a local variable inside of a template or
function with CTFE. That's as close as you're going to get.

- Jonathan M Davis