Errors compiling DSSS

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Nov 27 04:46:55 PST 2012

On 2012-11-27 13:42, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> I don't think it's right to add a build tool to the compiler. There can
> be a standard built tool even if it's not in the compiler.

I mean, DSSS was basically the standard build tool back in the D1 days.
Unfortunately it's not maintained any more. One problem with DSSS was
that it used its own copy of the DMD front end. This was before the
compiler got the "-deps" swithc, which is what RDMD uses.

It doesn't help that the compiler is poorly designed/structured with no
regard to support third party tools using the compiler as a library.

--
/Jacob Carlborg