Breaking D2 language/spec changes with D1 being discontinued in a month

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 00:34:53 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 28 November 2012 at 07:52:54 UTC, Robert wrote:
>> Is there absolutely no concern for D users's code? It
>> certainly seems like it. Maybe it would have made sense a
>> decade ago when D was just starting... but D has been around
>> for over 11 years now. To have screwed up so badly that after
>> 11 years you still don't have a stable platform to write code
>> for (well, you do with D1, but in a month there will not be
>> that excuse) is mind boggling.
>
> I tend to disagree a bit. First D is a very, very powerful
> language
> written by just a few people, with no commercial background, so
> I think
> it is quite reasonable that it takes more time to stabilize
> than much
> simpler languages, let's say python.

Actually, this is true that D have little resources, and the work
done is really incredible. To be fair, D community is one of the
most technically competent I know of.

That being said, the problem isn't the amount of work, but how it
is managed. Thinking that D is not stable because of resource is
just avoiding to look at the truth.