Help!

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Nov 28 01:26:54 PST 2012

On 2012-11-27 22:23, Walter Bright wrote:

> I understand what you're saying, but the counterpoint is we lost half
> the D community when D2 broke D1 code. We still have at least one major
> D1 user that still finds it impractical to upgrade to D2.
>
> It is unbelievably frustrating for people to have their code break with
> each new release, have older projects all invalidated, with few willing
> to do the maintenance work to bring them back on line.

In the keynote for the latest Ruby on Rails conference. The original
creator of Ruby on Rails goes out and say: Yes, Rails 4 will break
existing code. He also says that progress is good and one should keep a
young mind.

I can assure you that Ruby on Rails has vastly more commercial
developers than D has.

What I mean is that that process of improving the language most not stop
and should always continue. It's just the process how that is made that
makes the big difference.

--
/Jacob Carlborg