Help!

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Nov 28 04:43:17 PST 2012

On 11/28/12 2:55 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> This is mostly a problem about how the project is run and managed. No
> road map, a poor release process, committing new features directly to
> the master branch. Unstable features added, added even before they're
> can be considered finished. I mean, "const" was one of the first things
> added to D2, it still has problems and druntime/Phobos is still not
> const correct.

Totally agreed. One issue now is that Walter has converged briskly on
the simplistic conclusion "no more steenking breakages" instead of
learning git and designing a useful process around it. That way the
process remains broken instead of being identified as the main issue and
fixed. I have advocated privately in much stronger terms than I could
afford publicly that we must fix the process and exercise good judgment
about changing the language - all to no avail. "No more breakages" is
like taking an aspirin for the fever caused by gangrene.

I think with dread about what's coming when completing shared will be on
the table. We'll be looking at not breaking code that was by definition
broken.

Andrei