Errors compiling DSSS

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Wed Nov 28 09:34:23 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 28 November 2012 at 16:59:25 UTC, jerro wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 November 2012 at 15:51:50 UTC, Gor Gyolchanyan
> wrote:
>> I think that would be a huge mistake. Why would anyone want to
>> invent a
>> full blown language and a big pain in the butt just to build a
>> project if
>> the project can build itself by looking at the source code?
>
> The build system could be a library written in D, then you
> wouldn't need to invent a new language.

That would be very nice. I'm currently not at all happy with the
build systems I've tried out and I'd definitely be willing to try
something new.

I also don't like having to learn a separate complicated script
language that has no use other than to build a project - to me
that's a massive time sink that should be unnecessary.

The ultimate would be for D to build itself, but of course you'll
need to configure something to tell it where to build to, where
to install to, etc.

I just don't see why building a source project has to be
difficult, or why build systems have to be so terrible at doing
it.

--rt