Breaking D2 language/spec changes with D1 being discontinued in a month

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Nov 28 08:31:23 PST 2012

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 00:35:55 Walter Bright wrote:
> I can see creating a stable D2 and a forward D2 for 6 months at a time
> or so, as has been proposed here. I think that's a good idea. But only
> after D1 is no longer supported.

Well, then we're about to reach the point when it's ripe to do that, because
D1 is about to no longer be supported. With the beta for 2.061 (whenever that
happens), we can adjust how we do the beta process to properly use branches,
and then we can adjust how we deal with stable and development branches of D2
for future releases.

- Jonathan M Davis