Errors compiling DSSS

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Nov 28 12:25:19 PST 2012

On 2012-11-28 20:39, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> I recall you have written such a tool (Orbit), so it is natural to have
> a vested interest in promoting it and argue for its usefulness. Such
> arguments don't eliminate the need for simpler tools that obviate
> Orbit's use for a subset of cases.

BTW, I'm not arguing for this just because I'm building a tool. I'm
arguing because the existing tools are not good enough, or does not do
enough of what I want. RDMD is good enough for what it does, but it's
not enough for what I need. I use it every day when compiling single or
just a few source files.

I was a happy DSSS user back in the days of D1 and still are for the few
projects I have left written in D1. I have no problem in using someones
other tool if it does what I want. I'm just saying that if we want to
have a standard/de facto build tool in the D community it needs be able
to handle all kinds of projects, not just simple scripts. It do need to
be able to handle those simple projects making it simple enough to use
to be useful.

--
/Jacob Carlborg