Breaking D2 language/spec changes with D1 being discontinued in a month

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Nov 28 14:37:41 PST 2012

> Well, then we're about to reach the point when it's ripe to do that, because
> D1 is about to no longer be supported. With the beta for 2.061 (whenever that
> happens), we can adjust how we do the beta process to properly use branches,
> and then we can adjust how we deal with stable and development branches of D2
> for future releases.

My thoughts, too.

BTW, just so everyone knows, I am currently in Melbourne at the YOW
conference. It's the start of a 3 city tour, so I won't get home until
Dec. 8. The hotel internet connection is not much more suitable than for
email and newsgroups, and my travel laptop is not well suited for dev,
so aside from my conference obligations I intend to be doing things like
D articles, learning new stuff, and other back-and-fill work until then.

BTW, it's a great conference. There are a lot of freakin' smart people
here, which always makes things a joy.