Breaking D2 language/spec changes with D1 being discontinued in a month

1100110 0b1100110 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:31:45 PST 2012

On 11/28/2012 04:40 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/29/2012 8:10 AM, 1100110 wrote:
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language-Stable/dmd
>>
>> Phobos and druntime are also in there.
>>
>> Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to organize it.
>>

> I think it's great that you're stepping up.
>
> But why do it as a separate github repository rather than a branch on
> the main one?

Oh! while I have your attention...  Looking at the makefiles for DMD,
all of them are set to build 32bit by default.  Usually that is unset,
and the environment that you are compiling in dictates which one is
implicitly chosen.

Why have it set to build 32 by default?  It's not an issue or anything,
but it's been a long time since I've had a setup capable of build  32bit
apps easily.  I always have to change that.  Is there any particular
reason that that option is set rather than unset?