Errors compiling DSSS

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Nov 28 23:36:13 PST 2012

On 2012-11-28 22:24, 1100110 wrote:

> Of course.  I just can't remember the last time I needed something more
> complex than a shell script.  It would be *really* nice if the syntax
> were nice and simple.  Makefiles kick my @$$.  Implicit rules, and all
> that.

I'm just trying to stop you guys from investing in a new build system
that cannot be used for the whole community.

In most cases I also just need a shell script containing some
compile/link flags. But what I don't like is that I need to duplicate
the shell script, one version for Posix and one version for Windows.
That's why I'm advocating for using build scripts written in a full blow
language that already exists and works cross platform.

I do also manage DWT which requires a bit more complex build system then
a simple shell script with some compile flags.

Also, I can't for my life understand why the compiler can't have flags
for handling common linking flags, like adding a library or a search
path for libraries. That should of course be platform independent. If
the compiler won't do that I'll add that to my build tool.

--
/Jacob Carlborg