D Stable Proposal

Robert jfanatiker at gmx.at
Fri Nov 30 02:22:55 PST 2012

My github account is eskimor. I think the model described in:

is a really good one, to get started. If we want to keep changes to a
minimum, then the development branch in the model could simply be the
current master.

The master branch in the model would be the master branch of dmd-stable.

Feature branches already exist in form of pull requests.

Release/hotfix branches would have to be introduced. A little education
of people would be needed. (E.g. where and when to merge things,
bugs/features.) Where and how changes are documented.

I would volunteer to help writing an automatic upgrade tool. We should,
define things there, so reports of breaking changes/deprecations, the
developers provide, could then be already in a format the tool can
understand.