Deprecated Library Functions / Methods

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Nov 30 08:22:50 PST 2012

On 2012-11-30 16:04, Chris wrote:
> Is there a way of telling when things in the library will calm down and
> it'll be save to develop in D and update old code?
>
> I started with D2 version 2.051 and created a medium-sized project
> fairly quickly, but now I have a lot of deprecated methods in my code. I
> couldn't keep up with all the changes and I have been hesitant to update
> my code because there are still a lot of "Will be removed in
> September/November/December ..." warnings in the library. Much that I
> like D, I simply cannot develop in D at the moment due to the constant
> changes in the Phobos library. I have this sinking feeling that this is
> killing the language.

You can either stay at a given version of D. Or you could use something
more stable than Phobos. Tango, for example, is very stable. The problem
is that it doesn't receive much changes at all.

https://github.com/SiegeLord/Tango-D2
http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/docs/current/

--
/Jacob Carlborg