Errors compiling DSSS

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Fri Nov 30 12:02:47 PST 2012

On Friday, 30 November 2012 at 19:35:38 UTC, jerro wrote:
> If you are writing a build tool, I don't imagine writing those
> few extra lines to convert relative paths to absolute would be
> a problem.

How does the script know what is a relative path and what is not?
It's not that easy, and the programmer should not have to be
fooling around solving non-productive problems like this.

>> You make a very good point about the static ifs and so on,
>> which means the best place to get that kind of information is
>> directly from the compiler during the build process
>
> And you already can get that info from the compiler using -deps
> flag.

But it does not supply enough information and the -deps thing
externalizes the build process, which only supports the
externalized build mess. The whole thing was designed based on
using an external build process, but I don't think it has to be
done in that way.