It seems pure ain't so pure after all

Tommi tommitissari at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 16:19:51 PDT 2012

On Monday, 1 October 2012 at 22:23:51 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Keywords are considered to be incredibly expensive. Being able
> to use a name
> starting with @ rather than a keyword does reduce the cost, but
> you're still
> going to have to drive a very hard bargain to talk Walter into
> adding anything
> like that to the language at this point. Adding much of
> _anything_ to the
> language is generally considered expensive.

I'm not sure if you meant the same, but I meant the word "cost"
of a feature as "the amount the feature complicates the
language". Also, I'm only asking people to "buy" this feature in
the sense of: "what would you say about this feature if the
language was still back on the drawing board and nothing had been
written down yet".