Review of Andrei's std.benchmark

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 19:00:29 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 2 October 2012 at 01:09:48 UTC, Jens Mueller wrote:
> Any comments?
>
> Jens

Looks like a good synopsis of the discussion I was reading. I
like the goal of benchmark and am unsure how I feel on the
profiling. I've used the -profile command from DMD, but I'm not
sure how this translates to internal code. To profile my program
I'm trying to find the place I'm spending most of my time so I
can speed it up. Then when I'm improving that area I'd need a
good benchmark to reduce that time. If std.benchmark could be
used to support profiling I'm for it, but am not sure for my
limited desires what that would be.

The other issues listed look like a good idea to address. Hopeful
module constructors can be resolved in the language so no change
needed by std.benchmark.