LDC blacklisted in Ubuntu

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Oct 2 06:47:01 PDT 2012

On 09/27/2012 12:02 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> I'd love to, but it would be irresponsible to commit to it as (right now
> especially) I don't have a very good idea of what time I'll be able to offer.

Just to follow up here -- a couple of days ago I pulled LDC from GitHub and
built it.  First time I've tried LDC in a while as up until fairly recently I
was not aware of the work on GitHub.

Very nice and friendly build process -- I like the inclusion of druntime and
phobos as submodules.  The executables produced are nice and fast -- maybe about
10-15% slower than GDC for the number-crunching code I tested, but much faster
than dmd-compiled programs, and the compilation process itself is super-fast.

I'll try and follow up in about 6 weeks' time by which time I should be settled
in new job.  If it's all all right time-wise, and if someone can mentor me in
production of good-quality deb files, I'd be willing to reconsider the
maintainer issue. :-)