qtD

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Oct 3 01:13:59 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 23:52 +0200, Eldar Insafutdinov wrote:
> On Monday, 1 October 2012 at 17:31:11 UTC, Habibutsu wrote:
> > Anybody knows, project qtd
> > (http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd/) is alive or died? Last
> > changes was one year ago. Tracking system contains critical
> > bugs and nobody fixes. There may be other working bindings for
> > Qt?
>
> Hey, yes I haven't been working on QtD for quite some time now,
> and unfortunately no one else has picked up on it. I don't know
> of any other efforts made, and due to the big undertaking it
> would be wiser to build on what's there already...

Presumably the Qt5 release could be an impetus to restart active
evolution of QtD? QtQuick doesn't really do it for me given QtDesigner,
but…

I work in a biased sample set, but very few people I know would write Qt
applications in C++, it's all PyQt4 and PySide with connection to C, C++
and Fortran to make use of computational frameworks. cf. SciPy.

Also it has to be noted that for all it's C++ horrible API, wxWidgets
has a large mind share in the cross-platform GUIs arena, especially
given wxPython and wxGlade.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk