Debian packages for D libraries

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Wed Oct 3 09:42:54 PDT 2012

There's a Debian repository
https://code.google.com/p/d-apt/wiki/APT_Repository

You can also manually insall DMD deb package on Debian from this
site
http://dlang.org/download.html

The GDC versions shipped with Debian are out of date. I installed
from git repository but it is not fun to do. GDC has some
advantages over DMD on Linux as it uses lastest gcc and has
similar command line interface (it also has a command line
version matching DMD). There's an effort underway to merge GDC
with GCC 4.8, I sure hope that works out in time.

Search these forums for GDC and you'll find some helpful links
and advice eventually.

--rt