RFC: DConf 2013

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Oct 3 10:08:36 PDT 2012

On 10/3/12 12:06 PM, deadalnix wrote:
> Le 01/10/2012 18:25, Andrei Alexandrescu a écrit :
>> The project is not live, it will be within a few days. In the spirit of
>> having the community actively participate, I'm making this as
>> transparent as it gets. Please comment:
>>
>> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dlang/1177501541?token=df96761a
>>
>> Your feedback and suggestions are welcome.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andrei
>
> I'm not used to such event, but raising $35.000 seems quite a lot of money.

I hear you. We have a detailed budget model and we're not splurging in
any way. Organizing a conference has quite a few odds and ends and weird
pricing. As an example, location providers offer good prices for the
location proper BUT they require using their own catering services,
which is how they make money. I co-organized a few conferences and,
believe me, a cookie has a different taste when you know it was $5.

That being said, if anyone on this forum works in the Bay Area and takes
this to their employer, we'd save a ton of expenses if a company could
offer a meeting room. I have initiated such with Facebook, and they're
looking into it. All - please email me if such an opportunity exists.

> Still, you can count of some money of my own and I'll do my best to be
> present.

Sounds great, thanks!

Andrei