Will the D GC be awesome?

Simen Kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:31:19 PDT 2012

On 2012-10-04, 20:56, Tommi wrote:

> On Thursday, 4 October 2012 at 18:12:09 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>>
>> void main(){
>>     fun(getTuple().expand);
>> }
>
> Great, that works for me. It would be probably confusing if they tuples
> expanded automatically; non-obvious if you'd be passing one argument or
> multiple.

There's another reason:

void foo(T)(T, int, float);
void foo(T)(string, T);

Tuple!(int, float) getTuple();

foo("Hello", getTuple()); // What to call?

And:

void baz(T...)(T t);

baz(getTuple()) // Expand or not?

And while this is a constructed example, there is also the matter of
exponential possibilities for the overload system (Oh, so that didn't
work, maybe if I expand *this* tuple? No. *That* tuple? ...)

--
Simen