std.concurrency and fibers

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Thu Oct 4 16:34:40 PDT 2012

On Oct 4, 2012, at 5:48 AM, Timon Gehr <timon.gehr at gmx.ch> wrote:

> What about the stack? Allocating a fixed-size stack per task is costly
> and Walter opposes dynamic stack growth.

This is another reason I've been delaying using fibers.  The correct approach is probably to go the distance by reserving a large block, committing only a portion, and commit the rest dynamically as needed.  The current fiber implementation does have a guard page in some cases, but doesn't go so far as to reserve/commit portions of a larger stack space.