Module self-imports

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Fri Oct 5 07:51:41 PDT 2012

On Friday, 5 October 2012 at 11:46:04 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Interesting. I don't see what bugs or inefficiencies that might
> cause, so I'd say by the TAWD (Turtles All the Way Down)
> principle we should allow them as a no-op.

I'd strongly second that. With disallowing self-imports, using
imports in both string and template mixins might become a major
pain.

I can't see a good reason why self-imports should be more
problematic than normal forward references within a module, since
they can just be ignored.

David