SQL working [ was Re: The sorry state of the D stack? ]

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sun Oct 7 09:54:17 PDT 2012

On 10/07/2012 10:55 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> Why only PostgreSQL. Shouldn't it also work with MySQL, Oracle, DB2,
> PervasiveSQL, SQLite3, etc.?

I don't have sufficient experience with SQL to be able to really make a
judgement here, but is there a case for a std.sql or std.db that would provide a
uniform D interface to the arbitrary DB of choice?

Perhaps better as something in Deimos rather than Phobos, as I imagine it would
bring in a bunch of external dependencies that the standard library shouldn't
really have.  Am I right that there's something in Adam Ruppe's web modules
that's heading in this direction?