When will we have std.log?

José Armando García Sancio jsancio at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 10:52:56 PDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM, domain <do.main at 163.com> wrote:

> It has been suspended for a long time. Any plan?

I have been working on it in my spare time. I have fixed some basic API
issues that were outlined during the review process but not enough to put
it through another review process.

std.log was originally implemented in a forked phobos repository but I has
since create a separate repository so that it could be used even if it is
not part of std/phobos.

One of the main concerns with std.log is that it has to two different APIs
for regular logging: fatal(), error(), info(), etc. and verbose logging:
vlog(). I have played around with a different API that would merge the two.
The old API is inspired by glog the new non-existing API is inspired by
Rust logging. I just need to spend a couple of days to completely flush out
the new API and run it by the community.

Thanks,
-Jose