RFC: DConf 2013

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 12:47:40 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 7 October 2012 at 15:20:44 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> Seems like a big budget, what are the projected numbers? (10s?
>> 100s? .... 1000s?) ;)

> The budget would cover around 55 attendees for 3 days. That
> includes (in decreasing order of cost) food, conference space,
> speaker support, A/V, staff remuneration, T-shirts/swag, and
> many smaller items.>

  Seems like a low number. I also assumed we would pack our own
lunches, and food during the event would end up costing for 55
attendees is roughly $2000 (at least as an estimate). I figured
the numbers would be closer to 200-300, but depending on how many
speakers and how big the conference room...

  Just off hand I'm remembering that some hotels have a rentable
room for conferences and meetings that may handle about 55 (Which
sometimes is their continental breakfast area after the first
thing in the morning), and assuming you wouldn't have a huge
speaker system set up to disturb the normal customers in the
lobby (assuming it's nearby) then in the case there isn't already
a projector you can bring and set one up, although it wouldn't
likely be too terribly big unless they have a blank white wall....

  Mmmm... Having the meetings in the same hotel/motel you are
staying it... Takes care of any commuting issue once you get
settled in.