SQL working [ was Re: The sorry state of the D stack? ]

Pragma Tix bizprac at or.fr
Sun Oct 7 21:40:12 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 7 October 2012 at 09:07:39 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:

> Why only PostgreSQL. Shouldn't it also work with MySQL, Oracle,
> DB2,
> PervasiveSQL, SQLite3, etc.?

Good question. A wrong approach since we talk about DB support.
Design the Interface first, would be the solution.
Then decide what you want. DAL, or Active Record. Then create a
DSL, or LINQ or whatsoever.
Since you are a Python guy, the data access layer from web2py is
simply excellent. But I doubt that D, respective phobos, will
ever have more than rudimentary db support.