Windows DLLs and TLS

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 06:57:54 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 9 October 2012 at 14:09:52 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 10/9/12, Jakob Ovrum <jakobovrum at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The problem has now been reduced to these two palatable
>> programs.
>
> I get garbage values via LoadLibrary on both XP and Win7 (both
> x32). I
> haven't tried glib's version but I don't think it does anything
> differently.
>
> See _g_module_open and _g_module_symbol:
> http://www.koders.com/c/fidFBB7F65EF7D9F5843153A8CCFE31696E66DED44A.aspx

Thanks a lot for testing. Does it make a difference with and
without the canonical DllMain [1]?

Yeah, the reason I didn't bother trying gmodule at first was
because of the seemingly trivial implementations those two
functions. However, what you are looking at is an outdated
version. The GTK+ distribution uses a more recent version that
looks like this [2]. The only notable difference as far as I can
tell is that it has Unicode support for _g_module_open.

[1] http://pastebin.com/rg9uUQMe
[2] http://pastebin.com/BirJM1uz