#pragma comment (lib, ...)

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:54:30 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 10 October 2012 at 19:21:58 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2012-10-10 17:00, Jesse Phillips wrote:
>> As for versions. I don't know what version of ole32.dll I'm
>> using or how
>> to find out, I don't really care either. But I guess it would
>> be good to
>> have the option though.
>
> A package manager would be the solution for that.

I don't see why, I'm the programmer I'd have to tell the package
manager what version I'm using... and again I don't know what it
is. I'd think pragma(lib) + package manager would get along
nicely.

"Hi there, I need this library." says the source file.

"Hmm, ok, let me get this version as I've been instructed to do
so." replies the PM.

"Hey, what about me... lib..." says a close friend.

"Yeah, yeah, let me see... how does the latest version sound/what
is installed? I don't know what you need but we can give this a
try." sadly replies the PM.

"Mister programmer man, you have unspecified library versions
for... What do would you like to do with them? Did the currently
selected version work out for you?" The PM tells the programmer.