Roadmap for Emacs D Mode?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Oct 11 08:50:15 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 17:15 +0200, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi Russel,
>
> while we're at it: Is there a roadmap for the D Mode? Will the mode someday
> be as powerful as a Java IDE? What would we need for that? Would CEDET help?

No there is no road map, but there can be if someone wants to get stuck
in. I am not an "Emacs is my IDE" person, I am an "Emacs is my editor"
type person. My IDE is Emacs/Bash/Debian or Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA,
PyCharm.

I haven't been looking at CEDET but if it can be integrated so people
who are "Emacs is my IDE" type people can use it then no problem.

> So the feature requests in detail:
>
> - completion
> - jump to declaration
> - refactoring
> - error check while writing
> - run from emacs
> - run unittests from emacs
>
> Some of them might be dreams...

I have started using AutoComplete (I get the Git repositories from
GitHub rather than use the download at
http://cx4a.org/software/auto-complete/#Latest_Stable but can't decide
if it is useful or annoying.

Running from Emacs ought to be possible, perhaps with a D menu?

Refactoring is probably a dream..

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk