#pragma comment (lib, ...)

Kapps opantm2+spam at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:03:40 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 11 October 2012 at 11:46:39 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Okay, so I'll stop being a dick for a minute, I'm actually
> curious to know
> how you imagine it working with a tool like VisualStudio.
> It sounds like you're not just talking about a tool to fetch
> libs and
> dependencies, but also perform the build? And the dependencies
> are detailed
> in the build script?
> An inflexible build system like Visual Studio doesn't really
> handle that
> very well.

In an ideal world, your VS plugin would support Packages in the
Add References dialog. Just like you could, in theory, add a
project as a reference, you would add a package. Then, upon
build, the plugin would call the package manager and get the
libraries / imports required for it, appending the options to the
compilre for your own build. This is something that wouldn't be
particularly difficult to make a plugin for given an existing
package manager. Mono-Develop would perform in the same way I'd
imagine.