DIP20: Volatile read/write intrinsics

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 19:05:27 PDT 2012

On 10/11/2012 10:35 AM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> On 11-10-2012 14:42, Chad J wrote:
>> On 10/11/2012 01:40 AM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
>>>
>>> I suppose a simple D_Volatile version identifier will do, like we have
>>> D_SIMD for core.simd.__simd.
>>>

>> Cool.
>
> OK, updated.

I do have a critique for your description:

> Compilers that support these intrinsics must define the D_Volatile version identifier. Compilers that do not may support them, but programmers should not rely on it.

I read this as meaning:
Compilers that support volatile intrinsics must define D_Volatile.
Compilers can support volatile intrinsics without defining D_Volatile.

And I see a contradiction ;)