Explicit TCE

Tyler Jameson Little beatgammit at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 12:28:06 PDT 2012

> Hey, that's dmd (compiler) using a ton of memory,  not
> std.regex :(
> It actually flies with only a modest set of ram after CTFE (or
> rather 'if') succeeds that is :)

My bad. Even then, TCE wouldn't hurt.

>> The main problem I see is working with other compilers like
>> GCC/LLVM. If
>> this can be done on those compilers, I don't see any major
>> hurdle to
>> getting this implemented.
>
> Perhaps the biggest one would be convincing GCC/LLVM devs to
> accept patches :)

I think getting Walter Bright on board is the best starting
point. If he likes the idea, I'm sure we can work out way with
the GCC/LLVM devs. I saw some basic signs (noted earlier) that
this may be a non-issue, as the functionality may already be
there.

I'll keep looking and see if I can find a definitive answer for
those compilers. Would support of one of the compilers be enough,
or would both be required to get this in the formal language spec?