#pragma comment (lib, ...)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Oct 14 03:35:05 PDT 2012

On 2012-10-13 23:11, Jesse Phillips wrote:

> Source code does not depend on an import path, that is an environment
> issue. Thus you would not specify import paths in source files.

You need to specify it somewhere. Why would I want half of the compiler
flags in one place and the other half in another place? And why should I
need to specify it in the first place, when the built tool can do that
with the help of the package manager.

>      module bob;
>      extern(C) void fishingBob();
>
> This function has no definition, code importing bob is not getting
> fishingBob.
>
>      module joe;
>      void runningJoe() { ... }
>
> The code importing joe does get runningJoe. So while I think this change
> makes sense:
>
>      module bob;
>      pragma(lib, "bob.lib");
>      extern(C) void fishingBob();
>
> This one does not:
>
>      module joe;
>      pragma(lib, "joe.lib");
>      void runningJoe() { ... }
>
> Or
>
>      import tango.Text;
>      pragma(lib, "tango.lib"); ...

Sure that's not point if you building from source. But if you
pre-compile a library and have import files (.di) then pragma(lib) would
make sense, but it doesn't currently work with import files anyway.

--
/Jacob Carlborg