OPTLINK is missing files when I try to include debugging info into build

Matt webwraith at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 14 15:37:19 PDT 2012

I was trying to check out windbg with a project I am working on.
The program currently consists of two D files (main.d,
Application.d) and three Derelict3 import libs (DerelictUtil,
DerelictSDL2, DerelictGL3). Without debug info, the following
console command runs fine;

---

dmd main.d Application.d DerelictUtil.lib DerelictSDL2.lib
DerelictGL3.lib

---

However, no matter where I put either the -g or -gc switches,
Optlink complains with 'Error 118: Filename Expected', and
proceeds to spit out my PATH environment variable. I tried with
just a 'Hello World' program that only imports 'std.stdio', and I
get the same problem.

Could anyone explain to me what the problem is? I have the
feeling that there is something I need to do to set up Optlink,
however I installed from the Windows binary on dlang.org. If it
matters, I'm running Win7