Making TypeInfo.next() return a const(TypeInfo) was a bad idea

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Oct 14 23:43:01 PDT 2012

On Monday, October 15, 2012 02:20:23 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> But this is a problem we *must* solve. It is something I also ran into
> often while hacking on druntime.

If we really need Rebindable in druntime, then we can simply move it to an
appropriate place in druntime and alias std.typecons.Rebindable to it.

core.time exists specifically because druntime needed some of the datetime stuff
(most particularly the duration stuff). Otherwise, everything in it would be in
std.datetime (where it was when originally proposed).

We can do the same with other constructs if we really need to. We just don't
want to be moving them to druntime if we don't actually need to.

- Jonathan M Davis