D seems interesting, but...

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Oct 14 23:46:49 PDT 2012

On Sunday, October 14, 2012 23:40:41 H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Funny, as soon as I said that, I manage to reproduce the same error
> messages (though I can't say if it's exactly the problem you're seeing)
> by compiling a file that doesn't define main(). In this case, I had a
> hello.d with main() renamed to Main():

Yes. The error message that he's getting is essentially the one that you get
when you don't define main, which is weird, because he _is_ defining main. But I
don't know if it's exactly the same or not. A detailed comparison of the error
messages that he's seeing and those that you get from not defining main on a
machine that works would be required to see whether it's exactly the same
message or not.

I'm surprised that you didn't recognize the errors immediately. I guess that
you haven't missed main very often (I'm used to it primarily from forgetting
main when throwing together quick test scripts). But I'm totally stumped as to
why he'd be getting them, since he does appear to be declaring main correctly.

- Jonathan M Davis