D seems interesting, but...

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Oct 15 09:45:38 PDT 2012

foobar:

> I'm sorry to say but that *is* a _horrible_ _hack_. It looks
> almost as awful as it does in python with the underscores.
>
> Java has the correct DRY solution - each class can define a
> static main method but the compiler only uses the one specified
> by a compiler switch.
> The above basically asks the programmer to endlessly repeat the
> same trivial implementation boilerplate that should be written
> just once _in_ the compiler.

What I have suggested is the simplest (requires less stuff to be
implemented) way to solve the problem, adding just a single
compile time constant. But I agree there are better ways to solve
the same problem. I am asking for a specific way to solve this
problem, but since some years I'd like some "good enough" way to
solve it.

Bye,
bearophile