48 hour game jam

so so at so.so
Mon Oct 15 14:52:19 PDT 2012

On Monday, 15 October 2012 at 21:29:11 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> If you think forbidding templates/STL is crazy, wait till you
> hear about
> the people who insist that const is evil and ban it from their
> codebase.
> (That was from before C++11, though, I don't know what their
> reaction
> would be now that key parts of the language _require_ const.
> Maybe
> they've migrated to VB or something. :-P)

I can somewhat understand not using STL as the library assumes
you are using certain paradigms, but they sometimes doesn't do
the job. It is similar to phobos being designed GC in mind.

But if you are not even using templates, why bother? For OOP? I
would never move to C++ for OOP, since you are also losing
something quite important in the process, interoperability with
other languages. Most (maybe all) languages (i know) have some
kind of interface to C. With C++ you lose that one too.