Account on ARM/Debian

Brad Roberts braddr at slice-2.puremagic.com
Mon Oct 15 17:39:21 PDT 2012

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012, 1100110 wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 14:31:58 -0500, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 10/15/2012 10:05 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > > I've been talking to Iain Buclaw, gdc's leader, and was surprised to learn
> > > he
> > > has a quite workable ARM port available. To make it production-ready, we
> > > should
> > > have some continuous test integration, which entails ssh access to an
> > > ARM/Debian
> > > account.
> > >
> > > Is there anyone on this list who'd want to donate such an account?
> >
> > It would be pretty cool to run this on a Raspberry Pi! Anyone up to the
> > challenge to build such a system?
> >
> I've been looking for an excuse to buy a RPi.
>
> I have a static IP and domain to donate as well.
>

> If no one else already has one and is willing, I'll do it.
> I'm already familiar with compiling GDC.

I wouldn't go out and buy one just for this.  The raspberry's are pretty
underpowered anyway.

I've got a guru plug as well as a qemu environment setup (very easy to
do), which are both available.  But honestly, cross-compiling from a fast
x86 box is _tons_ faster than building on-device.  I don't know how well
gcc is setup for cross-testing though.  That's always... tricky.

Later,
Brad