Import improvement

1100110 0b1100110 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:30:36 PDT 2012

>> I like what vibe.d did by having an import all file named d.d
>>
>> Therefore you can:
>> import vibe.d;
>>
>> It's nice, it's clean, and I've blatantly stolen it for a few of my own
>> projects.
>>

> O_O .. That might be one of the worst things I've ever seen!
> It doesn't even make sense. Is there actually a vibe.d file? And why try
> make the import statement look like a source filename?

There is a source/vibe/d.d file.
The reason it is there is because vibe.d includes it's own main(),
There is a source/vibe/vibe.d file, but that is there for you to roll your
own main().

Shrug.  "import file.d;" <- actual name is file.d
doesn't work, and it isn't designed to work like that. So unless you know
nothing about how the import
system works, it's not really a problem.

And I would assume that it was done since the name of the project is
"vibe.d".

If this is the worst thing that you've seen, then I don't think you've
seen golang.. Or javascript's underscore library...
"_.each([1, 2, 3], function(num){ alert(num); });
=> alerts each number in turn...
_.each({one : 1, two : 2, three : 3}, function(num, key){ alert(num); });
=> alerts each number in turn..."

That might be one of the worst, most confusing things that I've seen.

--
Shut up, Opera