alias A = B; syntax

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Tue Oct 16 00:52:50 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 16 October 2012 at 05:27:53 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I'm unaware of any real difference between the two other than
> those I already
> mentioned. They're pretty much the same thing, so I don't know
> why you're
> saying that they're different.

Different, as in the ways you've mentioned :)

be argued that the current syntax is more applicable to the type
declaration syntax.

If we compare the proposed alternate syntax with current, which
is better?

alias int Int;
Int x = 0;

vs

alias Int = int;
Int x = 0;

When I compare the two in this way, I'm inclined to keep things
as they are.

--rt