Tricky semantics of ranges & potentially numerous Phobos bugs

Tommi tommitissari at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 08:01:57 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 16 October 2012 at 05:49:11 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> So, I don't really know what the right answer is, but I
> _really_ don't like the idea of having to worry about
> the result of front changing after a call to popFront
> in every single function that ever uses front.

Isn't the deeper underlying problem here the fact that there's no
generic way to make a deep copy in this language (does any
language?) Making a deep copy of front would be a clean solution.
I don't know how to implement this generic deep copying
functionality though. For example: what would be the semantics of
deep-copying a range?