make install; where do .di files go?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:55:30 PDT 2012

On 16 October 2012 19:20, David Nadlinger <see at klickverbot.at> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 16 October 2012 at 16:08:35 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
>
>> Just add -L-L/usr/local/include to your dmd.conf. LDC also doesn't look
>> there by default, and I see little reason to change this.
>>

> Just to clarify: For LDC, -L-L$PREFIX/include/d _is_ included in the
> default configuration file, but the compiler doesn't automatically add the
> path internally.
>
> The reason for this is simple: In some situations, you do _not_ want your
> compiler to go looking in some hard-coded directory, so we would have to
> add an extra switch to disable that behavior. And with two versions of D
> being around, and $PREFIX often being what a D1/Tango installation defaults
> to as well, those situations aren't as uncommon as one might think at first.

Okay, I don't feel like my question is any clearer...

Why wouldn't you want a standard shared include path?
/usr/include works great for C, I don't see why there wouldn't be something
like that for D for compiler-agnostic 3rd party libs.

But my question is, where do I install includes? I'm not really a linux
user, I just want someone to tell me where to put it :) .. and if there
isn't a direct answer, then perhaps that's a problem that needs to be
addressed?