Import improvement

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Oct 16 10:38:57 PDT 2012

On Monday, October 15, 2012 11:37:06 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> 1. I expect large packages to introduce a module "all.di" or "_.di" to
> publicly import everything in the package. That could help some use cases.

It would be fantastic if we could get something like DIP15/16 implemented
which made it possible to do

import my.pkg;

instead of

import my.pkg.all;

or

import my.pkg._;

or whatever folks have come up with. And everything's there already except
for making it so that when my.pkg is a package, importing my.pkg then
imports a specially-named package inside of my.pkg with whatever public
imports you want to have when importing the entire package. I started looking
into implementing it a while back but got sidetracked before I could get
very far.

- Jonathan M Davis