48 hour game jam

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:57:32 PDT 2012

I'm just going to throw it out there that you don't actually need
to touch Objective-C at all. Cocoa/Foundation/all those
Objective-C interfaces sit on top of something known as Core
Foundation, which are C APIs. The pointers used by Core
Foundation can generally be used as Objective-C objects of the
same type as well.

I don't actually have my Mac over from Australia yet to whip up
some code examples, or even port Fuji myself. But needless to say
this is the (free download) book I've been using as reference:

http://www.pangeasoft.net/book/buy.html

It would be handy to have a D binding to all the Core- libraries
on OSX. I might do that myself when I get my Mac if such a
binding doesn't already exist. The book should be equally
applicable for iOS as well, but last time I was in iOS land I was
still a newbie to the whole OSX programming thing.