Tricky semantics of ranges & potentially numerous Phobos bugs

David Gileadi gileadis at NSPMgmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:58:23 PDT 2012

> Any range is free to violate this, but because range-based functions are free
> to rely on it, such ranges risk not working correctly with many range-based
> functions and must be used with caution.

As a D dabbler, it seems wrong to me that a built-in range like byLine,
which is often used in example code, should have weird side effects with
the built-in methods in std.algorithm.  IMO this needs to be fixed one
way or another, and a mere documentation change is likely not enough for
casual D users.